Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring !


My first spring tea has arrived. It's a green Bi Luo Chun harvested by hand on March 8 in the same San Hsia plantation as last year.

I prepare my Cha Xi with similar accessories: my qingbai porcelain set, a dark green Cha Bu, green plants and a Balinese statue, Ganesh. This deity with a human body and an elephant head represents wisdom and education. It's a nice reminder that we drink quality not just to quench our thirst. A good green tea brings peace of mind, a connection to nature as it's born again. Beyond that, tea is a culture, a vast field of knowledge and experimentation. Education leads to selecting tea better and brewing it better. And when we add our creativity, there are no limits to the beauty and pleasure we can achieve with tea.

This Bi Luo Chun tastes simple, sweet and finely fresh. The fragrance of young flowers enthralls my nose. The sight of these green variations delights my eyes. The touch of the thin and smooth porcelain is light and delicate. A breeze a fresh air whispers to my ears: Spring is here! I can feel it with all my senses and foremost with my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment