Thursday, April 7, 2011

Penn State's Tea Institute and Gongfu Cha club


This week, I'm at Penn State, in the USA. 18 years ago, I was a student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), another State College, not far from Penn State. That's where I met my wife, from Taiwan, which is the primary reason why I eventually came to Formosa. So, the personal connection I feel with the US is strong and goes beyond merely graduating (with an MBA degree). It put my life on a whole new path, with a feeling that everything is possible, as long as you want it bad enough!


Now, 18 years later, I have the privilege to advise Penn State's Tea Institute and Gongfu Cha club through their advisory board. It started through emails with my longtime reader Jason Cohen (president of the Tea Institute) and now with this visit. I'm very glad to have this opportunity to help the members of this new Tea Institute learn about the Chinese tea culture. It's great to see the same tea passion among this group of students.


These 2 pictures capture how focused these students are when they're brewing tea!
Tea has no boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment