Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Displaying teaware

This Chinese wooden display stand is a good fit for my older wares. It helps recreate a more ancient and classic feeling in my modern apartment. It has become a nice background for my simpler Cha Xi.

My mind travels in time with the simple view of these teawares. By bringing them closer, I also have more opportunity to touch and use these items. They are not merely on display for aesthetic reasons ; their purpose is to come alive by being used.

And tea remains my focus. That's why there are mainly jars on the shelves. I continue testing their impact on the tea to determine which ones are the best suited to improve my teas. Currently, I am testing my fall 2009 Hung Shui Oolong from Feng Huang, near Dong Ding.

With tea's beauty, we travel through time and space...

No comments:

Post a Comment